We had some really amazing times. We had some hard struggles. A few months ago, I decided to write down all the reasons why I love you. Rather than focus on the things that brought me sadness, pain, and hurt, I wanted to remind myself every little thing I love about you. I thought maybe you should know some of the reasons why…
- I love it when you whistle. There’s something so happy about the sound that your lips make that makes me smile.
- I love when you kiss my lips so softly, when you are gentle and sweet and when you touch my face.
- I love the way your hands feel on my hips.
- I love the way you look so intensely in my eyes. I feel like you could pierce my soul.
- I love the dimples on your back.
- I love the way your eyes crinkle up when you smile.
- I love when you hug me so tight that I feel that we could melt into each other.
- I love that you record my favorite shows even if you don’t necessarily like them.
- I love the way you treat your dog like a human being.
- I love when I ask you what you’re doing, you give me a play by play.
- I love the way that you opened my up and allowed me to love you and be loved by you. I never thought I’d feel that for another man again.
- I love when you sing. You’re voice might not seem great to you, but it is amazing to me.
- I love when you laugh… when you really laugh. If that was all I heard all day, I would be in heaven.
- I love that my heart longs for you.
- I love your freckles.
- I love when you tell me all the things you love about me.
There’s so much more that I love about you but I think this is a good start.
I think about how it might have been
We’d spend our days travelin’
It’s not that I don’t understand you
It’s not that I don’t want to be with you
But you only wanted me
The way you wanted me
So, I will head out alone and hope for the best
And we can hang out heads down
As we skip the goodbyes
And you can tell the world what you want them to hear
I’ve got nothing left to lose, my dear
So, I’m up for the little white lies
But you and I know the reason why
I’m gone, and you’re still there